Monday, May 13, 2013

In which I go for a walk

Yesterday before heading into town to meet with my colleagues I took a walk around the neighborhood.  It's a really interesting place architecturally, I'm positive that the architect took inspiration from pueblo settlements.

Here is my guest family's house as seen from the street.

From the same standpoint looking down the street.


Maximillian, the son of my guest family and my tour guide for the day, showed me where there were stairs to get to the next level of the hillside.


Here is the view from the top of the stairs.  On Sunday it was a little chilly, but it made for good walking weather.


Here is a view downhill in another part of the neighborhood.  The houses have yards that are very green right now due to the rain.


Flower bushes are popular near the fences.  I'm not sure what kind of flower this is.


There's a farmer on the next hill over who keeps sheep.  You can see the flock from the dining room window in the house when they're out on the hill.


Now we've reached the edge of the neighborhood and the architectural style changes.


And here are some sheep, because sheep are cool.


At one point I knew what this flowering tree was called, but I've forgotten. 


If you look down the hill you can see into Andritz, the part of the city where I live.


We took a foot path back up the hill.  There are clearly lots of hills, so I'm getting some exercise just by exploring.


Here I'm back at the house standing in the driveway.  Across the street is a kindergarten of some sort.  When I come home after teaching, there are a lot of cars around because the kids go home at that time.


The upper level of the house has large glass sliding doors.  This is the view out of one.  The property actually extends beyond that little line of bushes, but the hill drops off and that part of the yard is a terraced garden.  Today they were laying some concrete supports for a future tree house that will be build on the hill.


This is the flat part of the yard.  If I understand correctly, in two weeks a swimming pool is going to be installed there.


So that's where I live!  



No comments:

Post a Comment